SIG-1273 is our 2nd generation isoprenylcysteine (IPC) cosmetic functional ingredient (CFI). Similar to 1st generation CFI Arazine, SIG-1273 has strong anti-inflammatory properties. However, through additional screening and structure activity relationship studies SIG-1273 was also designed to possess anti-aging and anti-microbial properties. At the cellular level, SIG-1273 has to the ability to inhibit the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines and prevent the oxidative damage associated with chronic inflammation and stress. SIG-1273 has been clinically proven to be safe and effective in protecting the skin from inflammatory and microbial invaders.
- Anti-aging benefits
- promotes wound healing
- protect against UVA damage
- Protect against oxidative stress
- Anti-wrinkle (reduces collagenase production, which protects collagen)
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Protects against chemical induced pro-inflammatory cytokine release
- Protects against bacterial induced (TLR2) pro-inflammatory cytokine release
- Protects against metal induced (TLR4) induced pro-inflammatory cytokine release
- Protects against T-cell induced pro-inflammatory cytokine release
- Protects against UV induced pro-inflammatory cytokine release
- Reduces COX expression
- Blocks neutrophil infiltration
- Possesses anti-microbial activity against P. acnes and S. pyogenes
- Clinically proven to possess anti-acne activity
INCI Name and Chemical Structure
Disodium Tetramethylhexadecenyl succinyl Cysteine
Publications / Presentations
- In vitro and clinical evaluation of SIG-1273: a cosmetic functional ingredient with a broad spectrum of anti-aging and antioxidant activities. Fernandéz JR, Rouzard K, Voronkov M, Huber KL, Stock JB, Stock M, Gordon JS, Pérez E. J Cosmet Dermatol. 2016 Jan 11. doi: 10.1111/jocd.12206.
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties of tetramethylhexadecenyl succinyl cysteine (SIG-1273): a skin-protecting cosmetic functional ingredient. Fernandéz JR, Rouzard K, Voronkov M, Huber KL, Stock JB, Stock M, Gordon JS, Pérez E. Int J Cosmet Sci. 2014 Sep 25. doi: 10.1111/ics.12166.
- SIG-1273: a new cosmetic functional ingredient to reduce blemishes and Propionibacterium acnes in acne prone skin. Fernandéz JR, Rouzard K, Voronkov M, Feng X, Stock JB, Stock M, Gordon JS, Shroot B, Christensen MS, Pérez E.J Cosmet Dermatol. 2012 Dec;11(4):272-8.
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, and anti-bacterial properties of SIG-1273: A skin protecting cosmetic functional ingredient
Fernandéz JR, Rouzard K, Voronkov M, Huber KL, Webb C, Stock JB, Stock M, Gordon JS, Pérez E. Japanese Society of Investigative Dermatology. Poster presentation.
- Optimera® firming body contour cream contains SIG-1273, a molecule with cell lipolysis and anti-aging properties that clinically promotes skin firmness
José R. Fernández, Karl Rouzard, Michael Voronkov, Kristen L. Huber, Corey Webb, Jeffry B. Stock, Maxwell Stock, Joel S. Gordon, Jason Healy, Pilar P. Duque, Wendi L. Armbrister, Stephen R. Schwartz, Robigaile Atienza, Eduardo Pérez. Society for Investigative Dermatology 2016, Scottsdale, Arizona. Poster presentation
SIG-1273 is exclusively licensed to Nerium International, LLC, an innovator in age-defying skincare products., headquartered in Addison, Texas, Nerium International is committed to developing and distributing anti-aging products that are rooted in real science, produce real results, and improve consumers’ lives. Our partnership will contribute to Nerium International’s strategic goals and future products to be developed utilizing Signum’s technologies and research capabilities.